UPDATED: 5:15 PM
Tuesday, Feb. 16 Bus & T Service
Port Authority riders still might encounter delays on Tuesday, as well as minor, temporary detours for tree or snow removal. Buses were attempting to run on regular routes this morning, except where noted below. New detours and delays may also arise if conditions change due to additional snowfall.
A list of bus and T routes that are out of service, or on a detour, is posted below.
An overview of Port Authority's service levels for Tuesday:
- Bus service: Fewer than 5 routes remain out of service. Multiple routes continue to operate with detours or limited service areas.
- The T: Operating on a regular schedule and providing normal service to Downtown stations (except Gateway, which is closed during construction). The 52 Allentown light rail route will not operate (the nearby 46K Knoxville bus route is a possible alternative).
- Mon Incline: In service.
- Wabash HOV: Open.
- I-279 HOV: Open.
- Fifth Avenue Bus Lane in Oakland: Open.
Bus & T Routes Not in Service or Detoured
If your route is not listed, then it is scheduled to operate on a regular route and schedule (weather permitting).
Routes that remain out of service:
84B Oakland Loop
89A Garfield Heights
Routes that are operating with a detour or are unable to reach certain areas due to poor road conditions:
- 6A Troy Hill Road: No Troy Hill Loop and that portion of Lowrie to and from it.
- 21C West Park: Using Pine Hollow.
- 21F Presston-Kenmawr: No service on Nichol, Orchard or River Street in McKees Rocks. No Pleasant Ridge or Island Heights.
- 24A Crafton-Presston: No service on Nichol, Ohio, Orchard or River Street in McKees Rocks Bottoms.
- 41D Brookline: No Ebenshire Village.
- 46G Elizabeth: Floreffe trips turning short in West Elizabeth, from Route 837 at Lincoln, to Lincoln, 6th, Grant, Route 837 back to regular route. No Thompson and Pine or Independence Circle.
- 46K Knoxville: Rush hour "Tunnel Trips" are to use New Arlington and Warrington rather than the Transit Tunnel in order to provide alternate service for the 52 Allentown that cannot run.
- 51A Arlington Heights: Using Arlington Avenue between Brownsville and Warrington in lieu of Mount Oliver Street.
- 51B Spencer: No Spencer Avenue. Inbound from Willett at Churchview, onto Churchview, Glass Run, Joseph, Custer to regular route. Outbound in reverse.
- 53F Homestead-Lincoln Place: No Skyview.
- 54C North Side-Oakland-South Side: No Bon Air service. Service to South Hills Junction via Arlington Avenue between S. 18th and Warrington.
- 56U Oakland-Greenfield: In service on a limited routing. Regular route inbound to Hazelwood at Greenfield, Then L- Greenfield, R- Ronald to Greenfield (Beechwood Blvd) Bridge and Regular Route. Reverse on Outbound. No Bigelow, Winterburn or Algers.
- 60E White Oak-Grandview: No Orchard-Milburn-York.
- 60P Port Vue-Liberty: No Meyer, Burbridge, Bergman, Pine, or Belleridge.
- 61F Homestead Park: Not serving Skyview.
- 74A Homewood-Squirrel Hill: No Belmar Gardens. Outbound from Deary at Lincoln, Lincoln, Upland to regular route. Inbound, from Murtland at Upland, Upland, Lincoln, Deary to regular route. Outbound to Greenfield - from Beechwood at Hazelwood, Beechwood, Loretta, Greenfield, Hazelwood to Beechwood, Tilbury. Inbound in reverse.
- 81B Lincoln: No Lemington Home.
- 84A Herron Hill-Oakland: No Adelaide or Milwaukee. Using 81A-81C Loop in Sugartop.
- 86A East Hills - Inbound and Outbound Trips Are Traveling In The Same Direction (to the left) on Park Hill & Wilner.