Note: These service details will cover Saturday overnight into Sunday morning. The next update will be provided Sunday morning.
UPDATED: 9:15 PM, SATURDAY
Saturday, Feb. 13 Bus & T Status
Multiple bus routes will continue to operate on detours on Saturday and about 10 routes will remain out of service as Port Authority continues to recover from the recent winter storms.
Road conditions continue to improve across our service area, although some streets remain unusable. Some sidewalks, transit stops and stations also are snow-covered, creating difficulties for riders.
As a result, riders may still encounter delays on Saturday, as well as minor, temporary detours for tree or snow removal.
A list of bus and T routes that are out of service, or on a detour, is posted below.
An overview of Port Authority's service levels for Saturday:
- Bus service: About 10 routes remain out of service. Multiple routes continue to operate with detours or limited service areas.
- The T: Operating on a regular schedule and providing normal service to Downtown stations (except Gateway, which is closed during construction). The 52 Allentown light rail route will not operate (the nearby 46K Knoxville bus route is a possible alternative).
- Mon Incline: In service.
- Wabash HOV: Open.
- I-279 HOV: Open.
- Fifth Avenue Bus Lane in Oakland: Buses still detouring to Forbes.
Bus & T Routes Not in Service or Detoured
If your route is not listed, then it is scheduled to operate on a regular route and schedule (weather permitting).
Routes that remain out of service:
43E Mount Washington Express **Does not normally run on Saturdays.
52 Allentown **Does not normally run on Saturdays.
56U Oakland-Greenfield **Does not normally run on Saturdays.
60K Crawford Village **Does not normally run on Saturdays.
74A Homewood-Squirrel Hill
84A Herron Hill-Oakland
84B Oakland Loop
89A Garfield Heights
Routes that are operating with a detour or are unable to reach certain areas due to poor road conditions:
- 6A Troy Hill Road: No Troy Hill Loop and that portion of Lowrie to and from it.
- 16D Manchester: Inbound, use Pennsylvania. Outbound, regular route.
- 16F City View: Outbound, no Jacksonia - use North & Brighton.
- 21F Presston - Kenmawr: No service in McKees Rocks Bottoms beyond Helen Street Ramps at Bridge; no Pleasant Ridge and Island Heights.
- 24A Crafton - Presston: No service on Nichol, Orchard, Ohio or River Streets in Presston. No Meyers Ridge.
- 25A Robinson - Moon - Coraopolis: No Mooncrest.
- 41D Brookline: Only going as far as the cannon monument in Brookline (Brookline Blvd at Chelton Ave).
- 41E Mount Washington: Inbound, from Fingal at Rutledge, Rutledge, Republic, Grandview, Merrimac, Virginia, Wyoming, Bailey, Beltzhoover to regular route. Outbound, from Warrington at Estella, Warrington, Beltzhoover, Bailey, Wyoming, Virginia, Merrimac, Grandview, Republic, Greenleaf, Fingal to Fingal Terminal. No Sweetbriar, Oneida, Labelle, Bigham; No Southern, Boggs and Soffel; No Kathleen and Ruth; No Edgemont and Estella; No Grandview Trips to Mon Incline.
- 46G Elizabeth: No Century Town Homes.
- 46K Knoxville: No Taft and Lafferty.
- 51A Arlington Heights: No Arlington Heights (Syrian/Devlin) or Mt. Oliver Street.
- 51B Spencer: No Spencer Avenue. Using Glass Run, Joseph and Agnew.
- 51G Mount Oliver: Inbound and outbound from and to Carson/Sarah & S. 30th Streets only. No Mount Oliver, Beck's Run or St. Clair Village service.
- 53F Homestead-Lincoln Place: No Skyview.
- 54C North Side-Oakland-South Side: No Polish Hill, Bon Air or Knoxville. Using Arlington/Warrington to South Hills Junction -- avoiding Knox Avenue. Fifth Avenue Bus Lane in Oakland still closed - using Forbes between Jumonville and Bellefield.
- 55B Homeville: Traveling only as far as 16th and Andrew due to water main break.
- 56C McKeesport-Lincoln Place: No Penn State.
- 59A West Mifflin-North Versailles: Jones is closed due to downed wires. Using 6th to Yost both inbound and outbound.
- 61F Homestead Park: No Skyview.
- 71A Negley: Fifth Avenue Bus Lane in Oakland still closed - using Forbes between Jumonville and Bellefield.
- 71C Wilkinsburg-East Liberty: Detoured off College, Elwood and Walnut -- using Ravenna to Shady.
- 71D Hamilton: Fifth Avenue Bus Lane in Oakland still closed - using Forbes between Jumonville and Bellefield.
- 79D Mount Carmel: Using Verona and Mt. Carmel only in Penn Hills to/from Lincoln Loop. No Dohrman-Mark-Grove-Chaske-Aber service. Also, no Wilner - Parkhill service.
- 81B Lincoln: No Lemington Home.
- 81C Webster: No "Sugartop" service. Inbound, Herron & Webster, Webster to regular route. Outbound, Bedford at Mercer, Bedford.
- 84C Hill Loop - No Oak Hill Service - Inbound and Outbound - From Lower Bentley/Kirkpatrick to Kirkpatrick to Kirkpatrick/Reed to regular route. Using Centre instead of Wylie. Can service Sugartop (Webster/Orion/Milwaukee).
- 86A East Hills: No Wilner-Parkhill service. Use Frankstown - Robinson.
- 500 Highland Park-Bellevue: Fifth Avenue Bus Lane in Oakland still closed - using Forbes between Jumonville and Bellefield.
The following routes were still following detours as of Friday, but do not normally operate on Saturdays:
60E White Oak-Grandview
60P Port Vue-Liberty
74B Highland Park-RIDC
77U Oakland-Penn Hills
EBO East Busway-Oakland
LP Lincoln Park Flyer
ML Millvale-Lawrenceville Flyer