UPDATED: 6:30 PM, WEDNESDAY
This will be the last update specific to Wednesday's service levels. Tonight, we will post a list of anticipated bus and T service levels for Thursday.
About 90 percent of Port Authority's bus and T routes are in service Wednesday night, although multiple bus routes continue to be detoured and experience delays.
Riders should anticipate delays through the remainder of this evening and again during the Thursday morning rush hour. A list of bus and T routes that remain out of service, or on a detour, is posted below.
The T system has experienced very few difficulties today and is serving Downtown stations (except Gateway, which is under construction). The Hampshire stop was not being served this evening as snow has accumulated from plowing and created an unsafe condition for customers.
Port Authority employees have worked nonstop, since the first storm forced the complete shut down of service, to restore bus and T routes. As you might imagine, the demand for route information since Friday night has been very high.
We have tried our best to provide you with accurate, up-to-date information about routes through our Customer Service department, our Web site and via Twitter. We realize travel has been difficult since Friday and we very much appreciate your patience.
An overview of Port Authority's current service levels:
- Bus service: less than 20 routes remain out of service.
- The T: operating on a regular schedule and providing normal service to Downtown stations (except Gateway, which is closed during construction). Hampshire stop is not being served. The 52 Allentown light rail route is not operating.
- Mon Incline: in service.
- Wabash HOV: closed.
Routes that remain out of service:
- 6D Spring Looper
- 11E Fineview
- 43E Mount Washington Express (Inclines are an alternative)
- 44D Jefferson
- 44E Inglewood
- 44F Terrace
- 46K Knoxville
- 52 Allentown
- 56U Oakland-Greenfield
- 60K Crawford Village
- 74A Homewood-Squirrel Hill
- 81A Oak Hill
- 84A Herron Hill-Oakland
- 84B Oakland Loop
- 84C Hill Loop
- 89A Garfield Heights
- 94C Paulson Avenue
Routes that are operating with a detour or are unable to reach certain areas due to poor road conditions:
*Latest updates in blue.
- 1F Millvale: No Shalercrest.
- 6A Troy Hill Road: No loop.
- 12A North Hills Shopper: No Browns Lane, Corbet Court; using McIntyre Square to Northway Mall, circle Northway Mall, Babcock, to McKnight Road and regular route.
- 16F City View: No outbound via Jacksonia (use North & Brighton).
- 21A Coraopolis: No Phillips Power Station (Crescent).
- 21F Presston-Kenmawr: No service beyond Helen Street ramps to McKees Rocks Bridge (Bottoms); no Pleasant Ridge or Island Heights.
- 24A Crafton - Presston - In service; no service beyond Helen Street Ramps of McKees Rocks Bridge (Bottoms); no Meyers Ridge service.
- 25A Robinson-Moon-Coraopolis: No Mooncrest.
- 26B Fairywood: No Broadhead-Fording.
- 26D Chartiers City: No Allendale Circle.
- 36C Green Tree: Staying on Greentree Road.
- 36D Westwood: Service to Parkway Center Mall only - not beyond.
- 38C Green Tree Express: Staying on Greentree Road.
- 41B Bower Hill Road: staying on Bower Hill Road.
- 41D Brookline: Service to Cannon only; no Altmar & Reamer or Ebenshire Village.
- 41E Mount Washington: Outbound, from Warrington at Estella, Warrington, Beltzhoover to Bailey, Wyoming, Merrick, Grandview, Fingal at Rutledge; inbound in reverse.
- 41G Dormont-Rolling Hills: From Mount Lebanon Station via Washington Road to Peermont and regular inbound route. No Rolling Hills.
- 46G Elizabeth: No Century Town Homes, West Elizabeth, Floreff.
- 51A Arlington Heights: South Side Loop only – S. 26th via East Carson to Downtown and regular route. No Arlington Heights, Syrian & Devlin, Mt. Oliver Street, and on outbound, no Josephine Street.
- 51B Spencer: only to Carson and 30th outbound.
- 51D Churchview: only to Carson and 30th outbound.
- 51G Mount Oliver: only to Carson and 30th outbound.
- 54C North Side-Oakland-South Side: No Polish Hill.
- 55D West Run-Brierly Lane: No Calvert and Woodhill; no Calhoun Village, Laurel Hill - staying on Forest, West Run back to regular route.
- 55E Whitaker-West Mifflin: No Monvue Heights. No Whitaker Way or Eliza - following Commonwealth to Route 837 and continuing inbound.
- 56B Hazelwood: Second Avenue only - no Johnston & Kane Center.
- 59A West Mifflin-North Versailles: No Baldridge or Jones. Duquesne - No 4th and 5th; inbound from Grant at 5th then Grant, Ute, Kennedy, Mellon, Pennsylvania; outbound, from Pennsylvania at Mellon, Mellon, Kennedy, Norman, Grant, to Grant at 4th.
- 60A Walnut: No Greenock Heights or Central Highlands. No Sweitzer; using Greenock.
- 60B Jenny Lind: Using Baile Street; no Union Avenue.
- 60E White Oak-Grandview: No Orchard-Milburn-York-Olympia or Coolsprings-Royal Oak service. Detour using 5th, Hartmann, O'Neill, Lincoln Way.
- 60M McKeesport-East Pittsburgh: No Crestas Terrace.
- 60P Port Vue-Liberty: No Pine-Stegman-Burbridge-Meyer service; no Liberty Way-Belle Ridge service.
- 61D Summerset: No Summerset.
- 61F Homestead Park: No Muldowney.
- 71C Wilkinsburg-East Liberty: using Ellsworth to Ravenna to Shady; no College or Elwood.
- 75D Penn Hills-Monroeville: No Anthon-Ange-Charleston; no Jefferson Manor.
- 77A Oakmont: No Coxcomb Hill; Hulton Road hill. Staying on Freeport Road and Hulton Bridge to go between Oakmont and New Kensington.
- 77F Morningside-Friendship: No Morningside or Butler/Baker service. Using Stanton Avenue to Butler Street.
- 78A Oakmont Express: No Coxcomb Hill; Hulton Road hill. Staying on Freeport Road and Hulton Bridge to go between Oakmont and New Kensington.
- 78E Penn Hills-East Vue Express: No Anthon-Ange-Charleston.
- 79D Mount Carmel: No Wilner and Parkhill.
- 81C Webster: Outbound, from Centre & Crawford, Crawford, Bedford to Bedford & Herron.
- 86A East Hills: No East Hills - staying on Robinson inbound and outbound.
- 91A Butler Street: No VA.
- 94B Morningside: No Morningside or Baker Street. Detoured via Stanton Avenue and Butler Street.
- HP Holiday Park: could not make it up Fiesta or Old William Penn Highway.
- LP Lincoln Park Flyer: Via Verona and Mt. Carmel only to Lincoln Loop. No Dohrman-Mark-Grove-Chaske-Aber service. No Wilner, Park Hill - use Robinson and Frankstown; running Laketon reverse inbound and outbound; no East Hills.
- ML Millvale - Lawrenceville Flyer - In service from Millvale Loop; no Shalercrest.
- P Penn Hills-Hunter Park Flyer: No St. Clair-Jay-Foltz; no Poketa.
- PG Penn Hills-Universal Flyer: No Poketa.