UPDATED: 5:15 PM
Thursday, Feb. 11, Bus & T Status
Most Port Authority bus and T routes are in service Thursday morning, although many continue to follow detours around snow-covered streets.
Nearly 20 routes remain out of service due to poor road conditions in those areas. Riders of routes providing service this morning still should anticipate delays.
A list of bus and T routes anticipated to be out of service, or on a detour, is posted below.
The T system experienced few difficulties yesterday and is serving Downtown stations (except Gateway, which is under construction). The Hampshire stop is not being served as snow had accumulated from plowing and created an unsafe condition for customers.
An overview of Port Authority's service levels for Thursday:
- Bus service: less than 20 routes remain out of service.
- The T: operating on a regular schedule and providing normal service to Downtown stations (except Gateway, which is closed during construction). The 52 Allentown light rail route is not operating.
- Mon Incline: in service.
- Wabash HOV: open.
Bus & T Routes Not In Service or Detoured
If your route is not listed, then it is scheduled to operate on a regular route and schedule (weather permitting).
Routes that remain out of service:
43E Mount Washington Express (Inclines are an alternative)
60K Crawford Village
74A Homewood-Squirrel Hill
81A Oak Hill
84A Herron Hill-Oakland
84B Oakland Loop
84C Hill Loop
89A Garfield Heights
94C Paulson Avenue
Routes that are operating with a detour or are unable to reach certain areas due to poor road conditions:
- 1F Millvale: No Shalercrest.
- 6A Troy Hill Road: No Troy Hill loop via Lowrie Street.
- 16F City View: No Jacksonia (use West North & Brighton).
- 21A Coraopolis: No Phillips Power Station (Crescent).
- 21F Presston-Kenmawr: No service beyond Helen Street ramps to McKees Rocks Bridge (Bottoms).
- 24A Crafton-Presston: No service beyond Helen Street Ramps of McKees Rocks Bridge (Bottoms); no Meyers Ridge service.
- 25A Robinson-Moon-Coraopolis: No Mooncrest.
- 26B Fairywood: No Broadhead-Fording.
- 26D Chartiers City: No Allendale Circle.
- 36C Green Tree: Staying on Greentree Road.
- 36D Westwood: In service to Parkedge at Sheldon.
- 38C Green Tree Express: Staying on Greentree Road.
- 41D Brookline: Service to Cannon only; no Altmar & Reamer or Ebenshire Village.
- 41E Mount Washington: Limited routing. Inbound, from regular route at Warrington at Edgemont, continue Warrington, Beltzhoover, Bailey, Wyoming, Virginia, Merrimac, Grandview, Republic, Fingal, Rutledge. Outbound in reverse. No Estella/Edgemont; no Kathleen/Ruth, no lower Duquesne Heights, no Sweetbriar, no Southern/Soffel.
- 41G Dormont-Rolling Hills: From Mount Lebanon Station via Washington Road to Peermont and regular inbound route. No Rolling Hills.
- 46G Elizabeth: No Century Town Homes.
- 46K Knoxville: Modified routing. Inbound, from South Hills Junction, Warrington, Beltzhoover, Climax, Gearing, Chalfont, Estella, Sylvania, Beltzhoover, Warrington, New Arlington, East Carson, Smithfield Street Bridge to regular route. Outbound in reverse. No Taft/Lafferty, no Knoxville, no Mt. Oliver service.
- 51A Arlington Heights: In limited service from South Hills Junction. Inbound - regular route to Arlington & Josephine, then to Josephine & remaining regular route. Outbound - from S. 26th and Sarah to Sarah to S. 18th to Arlington to Warrington to regular route. No Arlington Heights (Syrian & Devlin), no Mt. Oliver Street service and no South Side Hospital or Wharton Square variants. .
- 51B Spencer: Inbound and outbound from and to Carson/Sarah & S. 20th Streets only. No Spencer Avenue or Baldwin service.
- 51C Carrick: No Brentwood loop.
- 51D Churchview: Regular route except for Flora.
- 51E Camp Hollow: No CCAC.
- 51G Mount Oliver: Inbound and outbound from and to Carson/Sarah & S. 30th Streets only. No Mount Oliver or St. Clair Village service.
- 53F Homestead-Lincoln Place: No Skyview. Detoured in Homestead - Inbound from West at 12th to West, to 8th Avenue, to McClure to 9th.
- 54C North Side-Oakland-South Side: Using S. 18th Street. No Polish Hill; no Bon Air. Bon Air trips using Arlington and Warrington to South Hills Junction. Fifth Avenue Bus Lane through Oakland blocked with snow - outbound buses using Forbes instead.
- 55B Homeville: Water break on 14th at Andrew. Using 8th to McClure to 9th to regular route.
- 55M Century III Mall: CCAC. No Southpointe. Detoured in Homestead - Inbound from West at 12th to West, to 8th Avenue, to McClure to 9th.
- 56B Hazelwood: Inbound from 837 to Glenwood Bridge to 2nd Avenue to Johnston to Kane Center to regular route. Outbound from Kane to Johnston to 2nd to Glenwood Bridge to 837 to 8th at Amity.
- 56C McKeesport-Lincoln Place: No Penn State.
- 59A West Mifflin-North Versailles: Jones blocked. Using 6th to Yost both inbound and outbound. Due to downed wires at 5th at Crawford - Inbound only, from Grant at 5th using Grant to Aurilles to Kennedy to Mellon to Pennsylvania to Regular Route.
- 60A Walnut - In service; No Rock Run Road or Greenock/Buena Vista.
- 60B Jenny Lind: Using Baile Street; no Union Avenue.
- 60E White Oak-Grandview: No Orchard-Milburn-York-Olympia or Coolsprings-Royal Oak service.
- 60K Crawford Village: No Union, using Evans to Versailles. Regular service through Crawford Village to Versailles, Evans and Lysle.
- 60M McKeesport-East Pittsburgh: No Crestas Terrace.
- 60P Port Vue-Liberty: No Pine-Stegman-Burbridge-Meyer service; no Liberty Way-Belle Ridge service.
- 61D Summerset: No Summerset.
- 61F Homestead Park: No Skyview. Detoured in Homestead. Inbound, from West & 12th, continue West, East Eighth, McClure, East Ninth, Ann to Regular Route. Outbound, from Amity at East Tenth, East Tenth, West to West at East 12th to regular route.
- 67H Squirrel Hill: No Mulhattan. Staying on Beacon to Darlington.
- 71A Negley: Fifth Avenue Bus Lane through Oakland blocked with snow - outbound buses using Forbes instead.
- 71C Wilkinsburg-East Liberty: Fifth Avenue Bus Lane through Oakland blocked with snow - outbound buses using Forbes instead.
- 71D Hamilton: Fifth Avenue Bus Lane through Oakland blocked with snow - outbound buses using Forbes instead.
- 74B Highland Park-RIDC: Fifth Avenue Bus Lane through Oakland blocked with snow - outbound buses using Forbes instead.
- 77U Oakland-Penn Hills: Fifth Avenue Bus Lane through Oakland blocked with snow - outbound buses using Forbes instead.
- 79D Mount Carmel: Using Verona and Mt. Carmel only in Penn Hills to/from Lincoln Loop. No Dohrman-Mark-Grove-Chaske-Aber service. Also, no Wilner - Parkhill service.
- 81C Webster: No "Sugartop" service. Inbound, Herron & Webster, Webster to regular route. Outbound, Bedford at Mercer, Bedford.
- 86A East Hills: No Wilner-Parkhill service. Use Frankstown - Robinson.
- EBO East Busway-Oakland: Fifth Avenue Bus Lane through Oakland blocked with snow - outbound buses using Forbes instead.
- LP Lincoln Park Flyer: Using Verona and Mt. Carmel only in Penn Hills to/from Lincoln Loop. No Dohrman-Mark-Grove-Chaske-Aber service. Also, no Wilner-Parkhill service. Will be going up Laketon instead of down it (driver will wave riders across the street).
- ML Millvale-Lawrenceville Flyer: No Shalercrest.
- 500 Highland Park-Bellevue: Fifth Avenue Bus Lane through Oakland blocked with snow - outbound buses using Forbes instead.