UPDATED: 5 PM
Friday, Feb. 12, Bus & T Status
Multiple bus routes will continue to operate on detours on Friday and about 10 routes will remain out of service as Port Authority continues to recover from the recent winter storms.
Road conditions continue to improve across our service area, although some streets remain unusable. Some sidewalks, transit stops and stations also are snow-covered, creating difficulties for riders.
As a result, riders should continue to anticipate delays through Friday.
A list of bus and T routes that are out of service, or on a detour, is posted below.
An overview of Port Authority's service levels for Friday:
- Bus service: About 10 routes remain out of service. Multiple routes continue to operate with detours or limited service areas.
- The T: Operating on a regular schedule and providing normal service to Downtown stations (except Gateway, which is closed during construction). The 52 Allentown light rail route will not operate (the nearby 46K Knoxville bus route is a possible alternative).
- Mon Incline: In service.
- Wabash HOV: Open.
- I-279 HOV: Open.
- Fifth Avenue Bus Lane in Oakland: Closed, service detoured to Forbes Avenue.
Bus & T Routes Not in Service or Detoured
If your route is not listed, then it is scheduled to operate on a regular route and schedule (weather permitting).
Routes that remain out of service:
43E Mount Washington Express
60K Crawford Village
74A Homewood-Squirrel Hill
81A Oak Hill
84A Herron Hill-Oakland
84B Oakland Loop
89A Garfield Heights
Routes that are operating with a detour or are unable to reach certain areas due to poor road conditions:
- 1F Millvale: No Shalercrest.
- 6A Troy Hill Road: No Troy Hill Loop and that portion of Lowrie to and from it.
- 16D Manchester: Inbound, use Pennsylvania. Outbound, regular route.
- 16F City View: Outbound, no Jacksonia - use North & Brighton.
- 21F Presston - Kenmawr: No service in McKees Rocks Bottoms beyond Helen Street Ramps at Bridge; no Pleasant Ridge and Island Heights.
- 24A Crafton - Presston: No service on Nichol, Orchard, Ohio or River Streets in Presston. No Meyers Ridge.
- 25A Robinson - Moon - Coraopolis: No Mooncrest.
- 41D Brookline: Only going as far as the cannon monument in Brookline (Brookline Blvd at Chelton Ave).
- 41E Mount Washington: Inbound, from Fingal at Rutledge, Rutledge, Republic, Grandview, Merrimac, Virginia, Wyoming, Bailey, Beltzhoover to regular route. Outbound, from Warrington at Estella, Warrington, Beltzhoover, Bailey, Wyoming, Virginia, Merrimac, Grandview, Republic, Greenleaf, Fingal to Fingal Terminal. No Sweetbriar, Oneida, Labelle, Bigham; No Southern, Boggs and Soffel; No Kathleen and Ruth; No Edgemont and Estella; No Grandview Trips to Mon Incline.
- 46G Elizabeth: No Century Town Homes.
- 46K Knoxville: No Taft and Lafferty.
- 51B Spencer: No Spencer Avenue. Using Glass Run, Joseph and Agnew.
- 51G Mount Oliver: Inbound and outbound from and to Carson/Sarah & S. 30th Streets only. No Mount Oliver, Beck's Run or St. Clair Village service.
- 53F Homestead-Lincoln Place: No Skyview.
- 54C North Side-Oakland-South Side: Fifth Avenue Bus Lane closed - using Forbes instead. No Polish Hill, Bon Air or Knoxville.
- 55B Homeville: Traveling only as far as 16th and Andrew due to water main break.
- 56C McKeesport-Lincoln Place: No Penn State.
- 59A West Mifflin-North Versailles: Jones is closed due to downed wires. Using 6th to Yost both inbound and outbound.
- 60E White Oak-Grandview: No Orchard-Milburn-York.
- 60P Port Vue-Liberty: No Pine-Stegman-Burbridge-Meyer service; no Belle Ridge service.
- 61F Homestead Park: No Skyview.
- 71A Negley: Fifth Avenue Bus Lane through Oakland blocked with snow - outbound buses using Forbes instead.
- 71C Wilkinsburg-East Liberty: Fifth Avenue Bus Lane through Oakland blocked with snow - outbound buses using Forbes instead.
- 71D Hamilton: Fifth Avenue Bus Lane through Oakland blocked with snow - outbound buses using Forbes instead.
- 74B Highland Park-RIDC: Fifth Avenue Bus Lane through Oakland blocked with snow - outbound buses using Forbes instead.
- 77U Oakland-Penn Hills: Fifth Avenue Bus Lane through Oakland blocked with snow - outbound buses using Forbes instead.
- 79D Mount Carmel: Using Verona and Mt. Carmel only in Penn Hills to/from Lincoln Loop. No Dohrman-Mark-Grove-Chaske-Aber service. Also, no Wilner - Parkhill service.
- 81B Lincoln: No Lemington Home.
- 81C Webster: No "Sugartop" service. Inbound, Herron & Webster, Webster to regular route. Outbound, Bedford at Mercer, Bedford.
- 84C Hill Loop - No Oak Hill Service - Inbound and Outbound - From Lower Bentley/Kirkpatrick to Kirkpatrick to Kirkpatrick/Reed to regular route. Wharton Square service resumed. Can service Sugartop (Webster/Orion/Milwaukee).
- 86A East Hills: No Wilner-Parkhill service. Use Frankstown - Robinson.
- 500 Highland Park - Bellevue: Fifth Avenue bus lane closed. Using Forbes instead.
- EBO East Busway-Oakland: Fifth Avenue Bus Lane through Oakland blocked with snow - outbound buses using Forbes instead.
- LP Lincoln Park Flyer: Using Verona and Mt. Carmel only in Penn Hills to/from Lincoln Loop. No Dohrman-Mark-Grove-Chaske-Aber service. Also, no Wilner-Parkhill service.
- ML Millvale - Lawrenceville Flyer: No Shalercrest.