UPDATED: 6 PM
Monday, Feb. 15 Bus & T Service
***Please note: As of 6 p.m. Monday, Port Authority is suggesting riders head to main roads or busways to catch their buses due to increasingly poor conditions on side roads.
For buses on existing weather-related detours, we suggest riders head to the main roads that had been in service as per their detour. The bus routes that have been out of service will remain out of service until further notice.
Multiple bus routes are operating on detours Monday and fewer than 10 routes are out of service as Port Authority continues to recover from the recent winter storms.
Road conditions continue to improve across our service area, although some streets remain unusable. Some sidewalks, transit stops and stations also are snow-covered, creating difficulties for riders.
As a result, riders may still encounter delays on Monday, as well as minor, temporary detours for tree or snow removal. New detours and delays may also arise if conditions change due to additional snowfall.
A list of bus and T routes that are out of service, or on a detour, is posted below.
An overview of Port Authority's service levels for Monday:
- Bus service: Fewer than 10 routes remain out of service. Multiple routes continue to operate with detours or limited service areas.
- The T: Operating on a regular schedule and providing normal service to Downtown stations (except Gateway, which is closed during construction). The 52 Allentown light rail route will not operate (the nearby 46K Knoxville bus route is a possible alternative).
- Mon Incline: In service.
- Wabash HOV: Open.
- I-279 HOV: Open.
- Fifth Avenue Bus Lane in Oakland: Open.
Bus & T Routes Not in Service or Detoured
If your route is not listed, then it is scheduled to operate on a regular route and schedule (weather permitting).
Routes that remain out of service:
43E Mount Washington Express
84B Oakland Loop
Routes that are operating with a detour or are unable to reach certain areas due to poor road conditions:
- 1F Millvale: No Shalercrest.
- 6A Troy Hill Road: No Troy Hill Loop and that portion of Lowrie to and from it.
- 16D Manchester: Inbound Pennsylvania trips use Manhattan inbound from Columbus to Pennsylvania; then Pennsylvania outbound. Inbound Manhattan trips run Manhattan from Columbus to Western, then Fulton outbound from Western to Pennsylvania.
- 16F City View: Outbound, no Jacksonia -- use North & Brighton.
- 21F Presston-Kenmawr: No service in McKees Rocks Bottoms beyond Helen Street Ramps at Bridge; no Pleasant Ridge and Island Heights.
- 24A Crafton-Presston: No service on Nichol, Orchard, Ohio or River Streets in Presston. No Meyers Ridge.
- 25A Robinson-Moon-Coraopolis: No Mooncrest.
- 41D Brookline: No Ebenshire Village.
- 46G Elizabeth: No Century Town Homes.
- 46K Knoxville: No Taft and Lafferty; no Knoxville.
- 51A Arlington Heights: No Mt. Oliver Street.
- 51B Spencer: No Spencer Avenue. Using Glass Run, Joseph and Agnew.
- 51G Mount Oliver: Inbound and outbound from and to Carson/Sarah & S. 30th Streets only. No Mount Oliver, Beck's Run or St. Clair Village service.
- 53F Homestead-Lincoln Place: No Skyview.
- 54C North Side-Oakland-South Side: No Polish Hill, Bon Air or Knoxville. Using Arlington/Warrington to South Hills Junction -- avoiding Knox Avenue.
- 56C McKeesport-Lincoln Place: No Penn State.
- 59A West Mifflin-North Versailles: Jones is closed due to downed wires. Using 6th to Yost both inbound and outbound.
- 60E White Oak-Grandview: No Orchard-Milburn-York.
- 60P Port Vue-Liberty: No Pine-Stegman-Burbridge-Meyer service; no Belle Ridge service.
- 61F Homestead Park: No Skyview.
- 74A Homewood-Squirrel Hill: No Belmar Gardens, lower Lincoln/Lemington or Greenfield. Running between Deary at Lincoln and Beechwood at Tilbury. From Beechwood at Hazelwood serving Beechwood to Loretta to Greenfield to Hazelwood to Beechwood at Tilbury.
- 79D Mount Carmel: Using Verona and Mt. Carmel only in Penn Hills to/from Lincoln Loop. No Dohrman-Mark-Grove-Chaske-Aber service. Also, no Wilner-Parkhill service.
- 81B Lincoln: No Lemington Home.
- 84A Herron Hill-Oakland: No Adelaide or Milwaukee.
- 84C Hill Loop: No Adelaide or Milwaukee.
- 86A East Hills: No Wilner-Parkhill service. Use Frankstown/Robinson.
- LP Lincoln Park Flyer: Using Verona and Mt. Carmel only in Penn Hills to/from Lincoln Loop. No Dohrman-Mark-Grove-Chaske-Aber service. Also, no Wilner-Parkhill service.
- ML Millvale-Lawrenceville Flyer: No Shalercrest.