UPDATED: 9 AM
Sunday, Feb. 21 Bus & T Service
Port Authority riders still might encounter delays on Sunday, as well as minor, temporary detours for tree or snow removal. Buses are attempting to run on regular routes, except where noted below.
New detours and delays may also arise if conditions change due to additional snowfall.
A list of bus and T routes that are out of service, or on a detour, is posted below.
An overview of Port Authority's service levels for Sunday:
- Bus service: Multiple routes continue to operate with detours or limited service areas.
- The T: All lines except for 52 are operating on a regular schedule and providing normal service to Downtown stations (except Gateway, which is closed during construction). The 52 Allentown light rail route will not operate (the nearby 46K Knoxville bus route is a possible alternative).
- Mon Incline: In service.
- Wabash HOV: Open (when applicable).
- I-279 HOV: Open (when applicable).
- Fifth Avenue Bus Lane in Oakland: Open.
- Fifth Avenue at Market Street Bus Stop: This stop is closed until further notice due to risk of falling ice. Riders of 61-series, 71-series, 77-series, 78-series buses and the 500 should use the stop at Fifth Avenue at Wood Street.
Bus & T Routes Not in Service or Detoured
If your route is not listed, then it is scheduled to operate on a regular route and schedule (weather permitting).
Routes that remain out of service:
52 Allentown (does not normally operate on weekends)
Routes that are operating with a detour or are unable to reach certain areas due to poor road conditions:
- 41D Brookline: Restored service to Eben, Creedmore and Seaton in Ebenshire Village. Not using Freedom.
- 46G Elizabeth: No Independence Circle.
- 46K Knoxville: Rush hour "Tunnel Trips" are to use New Arlington and Warrington rather than the Transit Tunnel in order to provide alternate service for the 52 Allentown that cannot run.
- 51B Spencer: No Spencer Avenue. Inbound from Willett at Churchview, onto Churchview, Glass Run, Joseph, Custer to regular route. Outbound in reverse.
- 56U Oakland-Greenfield: In service on a limited routing. Regular route inbound to Hazelwood at Greenfield, Then L- Greenfield, R- Ronald to Greenfield (Beechwood Blvd) Bridge and Regular Route. Reverse on Outbound. No Bigelow, Winterburn or Algers. (Does not normally operate on weekends.)
- 60E White Oak-Grandview: Serving regular route using minibuses. (Does not normally operate on weekends.)
- 60P Port Vue-Liberty: No Belleridge. (Does not normally operate on weekends.)
- 71C Wilkinsburg-East Liberty: Inbound is regular route to Highland Ave and Penn Circle South to Penn Circle South to Penn to Shady to Ravenna to Ellsworth to Ellsworth & College to regular route. Outbound from Ellsworth and College, continuing on Ellsworth to Ravenna to Shady to Penn to Penn Mall Station to regular route at Shelter #1.
- 74A Homewood-Squirrel Hill: No Belmar Gardens. Inbound from Lemington at Paulsen, continue on Lemington to regular route; inbound from Murtland and Upland, continue on Upland to Lincoln to Deary to regular route. Outbound from Lemington at Paulsen, continuing on Paulsen to regular route. Outbound from Deary at Lincoln, continuing on Lincoln to Upland to Upland at Murtland to regular route. Inbound from Beechwood at Saline to Saline to Hazelwood to Beechwood to Loretta to Greenfield to Hazelwood to Beechwood to Regular Route.
- 81B Lincoln: No Lemington Home.
- 84A Herron Hill-Oakland: No Adelaide or Milwaukee. Using 81A-81C Loop in Sugartop.
- 86A East Hills: Inbound and outbound trips are traveling in the same direction (to the left) on Park Hill and Wilner.
61-series, 71-series, 77-series, 78-series buses and the 500: The Fifth Avenue at Market Street bus stop is closed until further notice due to risk of falling ice. Riders should use the stop at Fifth Avenue at Wood Street.