The new station will serve the North Shore Connector, which is scheduled to be completed by 2012.
The Wood Street T station is the closest alternative for light-rail riders and is located about three blocks from the Gateway station. Riders should board at Wood Street on the following platforms:
- 42C, 42S and 52: Board and discharge on the outbound platform.
- 47L and 47S: Board and discharge on the inbound platform.
More details are available on our Web site.
Additionally, other Downtown T stations will be closing on certain upcoming weekends for construction work. The schedule is as follows:
- Oct. 31/Nov. 1: Gateway, Wood Street and Steel Plaza stations will close. Bus shuttles will serve street-level stops outside Gateway, Wood Street and Steel Plaza to First Avenue station.
- Nov. 7/8: Gateway, Wood Street and Steel Plaza will close. Bus shuttles will serve Wood Street and Steel Plaza to First Avenue.
- Nov. 14/15: Gateway and Wood Street closed.
- Nov. 21/22: Gateway and Wood Street closed.
- Nov. 28/29: Gateway closed. All other Downtown stations will be open.
Also, riders may travel for free within Downtown at all times using buses following regular routes.